17 August 2009

Baby Andrew Arthur's Arrival

Jeff and I feel we are the two luckiest parents in the whole wide world.  It's truly unbelievable the joy this little baby has brought into our lives.  We have posted a few pictures of of those first days - in the hospital and at home.  

Andrew Arthur was born May 6, 2009 at 3:09 pm at the University of Utah hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah.  He weighed 6 lbs 2 ounces and measured 19 inches long.  At 39 weeks, one week before the baby was due, we discovered he was in the frank breech position (his body in the pike position with his hands and feet at his head).  We were hopeful he would flip and be ready for a natural delivery the following week.  But, he did not . . . so a c-section was scheduled for May 6th. 


My parents, Jeff's parents, and my little sister spent the morning in the hospital with Jeff and I as we awaited the arrival of our little boy.  I was so nervous that morning; the support of my mother and husband, Jeff, in particular was very calming. The delivery went well.  Baby Andrew was beautiful, healthy and calm.

I was in the hospital for four days, and Jeff never left my side.  Everything progressed well with my recovery, and with Andrew, and we took him home the day before Mother's Day; he was the PERFECT GIFT!


I was so grateful Jeff was able to be home for two weeks, following Andrew's birth.  Having been working in Kansas City, KS since the first of April, Jeff and I had been apart from one another for nearly five weeks.  Those first days and weeks together as a new family were magical.  Andrew took to eating and sleeping so well . . . and Jeff and I were blessed to feel the Spirit more strongly in our home than ever before.  This beautiful little spirit had just come from the presence of our Heavenly Father and we felt his purity and love.

Jeff returned to work in Kansas City after two weeks at home , and Andrew and I remained in Salt Lake City until the first week in July. In anticipation of reuniting our family for the summer, my parents and brother Jonathan helped me pack up our belongings from the home we were renting on Bryan Avenue, and move everything into storage at our new home in Sugarhouse.  Jeff joined us in Salt Lake City to celebrate the 4th of July with my family, give baby Andrew a priesthood blessing in the Yale II Ward of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and then drive my car to Kansas the following Monday.  Baby Andrew and I flew to Kansas City to join Jeff for the duration of the summer the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment