01 June 2010

Change, Change, and More Change

Well, we decided that we haven't had enough change in our lives (*note the sarcasm), so we decided to put an end to all the change...by changing even more.  I know, confusing.  

As most of you know, work has been an interesting and difficult aspect of life.  I (Jeff) have absolutely loved the guys that I've been working with, and feel as though I've gotten along with them very well.  But, the job more-or-less requires that we move every 6 months to a different city somewhere in the U.S.  It sounds exciting, and believe me, it really was at first.  Cristina and I, however, have had a difficult time with all the transitioning - never a steady address, always having to make new friends (and leave those we were just getting close to), and a few other interesting quirks that come with the industry... And now that we have Andrew, we're just craving a little more...normal-ness. 

This summer we found ourselves in Dallas, as you can tell from our previous posts. We had been re-convinced that everything would work out, and things seemed to take off like wildfire.  We loooved Dallas, made a few great friends, and "All was well in Zion," as they say.  Then reality hit.  You can't keep doing the same things and expect different results.  Long story short - the potential, future benefits of us sacrificing and dealing with the afore-mentioned difficulties for the next few years disappeared in a matter of days.  So, we painstakingly decided to cut our losses and move on.

We've just made it back to Salt Lake.  We miss Dallas. We miss our friends there.  I know I'm going to miss the HomeShield guys, and there will definitely be days where I wonder what could have been.  Deep down, though, I know that, emotionally, this is the best choice for us. 

Andrew is happy to be back, of course! Here are a few photos of him helping Grandpa Don with the yard work.  Cutest. Kid. Ever.  We love him so much!





So here's to life.  Sometimes it throws us a curve ball, but hey, thats what makes it so interesting!  We've got our plans put together, we'll keep you posted on the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment