23 January 2012

Highlights from Our Trip to France - Paris & Beynac-et-Cazenac

 Though Jeff and I have both visited Paris a few times, we had to stroll through le jardin de tuileries and see le tour eiffel.

 Jeff took this photo of me just down from the charming little cottage we were staying in, La Maisonnette in Beynac.  A portion of the film Chocolate was filmed in this charming 12th century French village.


 Again, in this chambering little village of Beynac.  Jeff and I loved how delicately and well preserved this little town was kept.

 From one of the opening scenes of Chocolate, this little road lead to a magnificent castle on the top of the hill where Jeff and I stayed.

From atop the Beynac castle - a stunning view of the Dordogne River.


 Beynac Castle at Dusk . . . what a beautiful sight!





Paris, along the Seine River with La cathedral de Notre Dame in the background.

Jeff and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary with 2 days in Paris and 5 in the sought of France.  It was a marvelous vacation just the two of us, and one we will relive through photos until the next time we are able to escape on our own.

1 comment:

  1. How enchanting. What a romantic escape. Happy Anniversary! I would love to get together when we're over in middle of March. I'll give you a ring.

    ReplyDelete